× Members

assessment date set? confused

More
7 years 8 months ago #166459 by nattykt07
assessment date set? confused was created by nattykt07
hi all
I've received a letter to attend an assessment with a healthcare professional on the 14th September 2016 after i received the dreaded ESA50 04/15 form which i sent of before the deadline of 01/01/16 with evidence from my CPN who I'm no longer under and a letter i received when it went to tribunal in 2007 and it states from the decision of the secretary of state that i am incapable of work under regulation 27 (2) (b) mental health disablement (i have bi-polar disorder). After a long awaited response from them i now have this meeting, which has sent me in to stress mode and tied my stomach in knots. when i got that letter on Saturday i felt sick and panic set in. I'm getting flashbacks of 2007 when i lost my incapacity benefit back when it was called that, and i had to endure a long fight (over 6months) to win my case. which had me fall ill again and financially struggle. I'm dreading this happen again as i now have a 13yr old son who has autism and ADD. i can't go through all that again and i was hoping someone can shed some light on anything i can do to help me at this meeting. i know I'm heading back down the route of seeing my GP and possible being put on more tablets. Does the letter i have from secretary of state help me in any way? I'm so nervous and stressed and tearful as i thought because I'm in the ESA support group i wouldn't have all this to deal with again. if anyone can advise me on this matter i would be so grateful like i am to be part of this wonderful group that has invaluable knowledge. thank you for reading this
natty07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #166496 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic assessment date set? confused
Hi natty and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm sorry that you are going through this and that it is so distressing for you :(

The whole thrust of the welfare reforms is that claimants will re periodically reassessed. The longest ESA award is, under normal circumstances, 3 years - although sometimes a review of the records will be carried out without the claimant being aware.

How often will I be reviewed

The letter that you have, as a result of your previous tribunal, states that you were unfit for work in 2007. Although we understand that your condition is unlikely to go away, DWP will still want to assure themselves that you are still limited in your ability to work. Whether or not you need a face2face assessment is entirely at the discretion of the assessor.

Our ESA guide explains what is likely to happen at the assessment

ESA claims and appeals

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions/comments relating to your ESA, at any stage in the process, without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nattykt07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.