× Members

DLA TO PIP for over 65s can it be increased

More
7 years 9 months ago #166482 by Wilma
Hi
I've been on DLA for years now and have just had the form to switch to PIP
As my conditions have now worsened I think I might be entitled to the higher rate for mobility.
My question is as I am 65 now can it be increased? I know you can't make a fresh claim if you are over 65.

Thanks
Pam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #166508 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA TO PIP for over 65s can it be increased
HI and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Everyone in receipt of DLA who was under 65 in April 2013 will be assessed for PIP at some stage. Even if you are over 65 by then, you can still get enhanced rate mobility if you fulfill the descriptors, even if this is an increase from your current award.

Don't forget to make full use of our PIP guide

PIP help for claimants

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions/comments about your PIP, at any stage in the process, without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago #166516 by Wilma
Thank you so much. I've already read the guides to claiming etc and have nearly finished filling in my form. I was just unsure about ay increase.
I will keep you updated on my progress.
Thanks again
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 8 months ago #168110 by Wilma
I had a letter from Atos to say they were getting further evidence from my GP. I phoned and spoke to my GP because I wanted to be sure he put down everything.
He said he had been away so the form might have been done by another doctor at the practice.
The doctor he mentioned doesn't know me and I have never seen him.
I'm worried now that I won't get it.
Surely it's not right having somebody that doesn't know me filling in the form

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #168128 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA TO PIP for over 65s can it be increased
I'm afraid this happens quite frequently. Only 25% of the forms sent to GPs get returned, I don't know how many of these will have been completed by a doctor who actually knows the claimant. It would be sensible for the claimant to be phoned if the GP does not know them, but it doesn't seem to happen often :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 8 months ago #168198 by Wilma
Thanks. I'll see what happens.will I be able to see a copy of the report if I have to appeal?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris