× Members

DLA TO PIP for over 65s can it be increased

More
7 years 7 months ago #169580 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA TO PIP for over 65s can it be increased

Wilma wrote: I'm still concerned about getting an increase in my mobility award because I am over 65. I have been reading a disability rights handbook this afternoon and it says that it can't be increased once you are 65 so I'm not sure what is right, I can't find anything about it in the gov.uk website. I have the lower rate DLA mobility at the moment and have had the PIP assessment.
who is correct?
Thanks

There should be no problem with a higher Mobility award if you meet the criteria for one, even though your are over 65 you are covered by the PIP Transitional Regulations, however, this will not be the case on any future reassessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169605 by Wilma
Thanks Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.