× Members

PIP journey continues ...

More
7 years 8 months ago #166590 by discusdude
PIP journey continues ... was created by discusdude
Well after getting my letter to move to PIP in April, I had my home assessment early July and I got my assessment report a week later, having read it I guessed what I might get and I was right enhanced daily living and standard mobility. I was previously on DLA lower care but higher rate mobility. Having thought about it over the weekend and researched I have dcided to do a MR on the mobility side as I scored 10 for mobility, 0 for planning and following a journey, even though I have medical eveidence to support otherwise. I know I wont score high but 4 points will take me to enhanced.

I have finished my MR tonight so will ring them tomorrow to say I am going through the MR process and will send it in record delivery tomorrow. Thank you so much for all the guides and examples I wouldn't have got this far without your help and advise.

Do you know how long MR usually take?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #166591 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP journey continues ...
Hi dd,

I'm sorry the result was not what you hoped. I suppose one can say that at least you weren't surprised :(

I must warn you that a MR will probably look at the whole of your claim, not just the mobility, and there is a chance that they can downgrade your award.

There is no fixed time in which an MR must be completed. Most are concluded within a few weeks, some faster and a few take considerably longer.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: discusdude

More
7 years 8 months ago #166593 by discusdude
Replied by discusdude on topic PIP journey continues ...
Thank you for your very quick reply.

I scored over 30 points for the care bit so I don't think they can change it too much, I know I am taking a small risk with the mobility side but I think it's worth trying.

I hope it won't take too long the amount of stress over the last few months have taken its toll on me already
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 7 months ago #169393 by discusdude
Replied by discusdude on topic mandatory reconsideration result
After a total of 6.5 months and just over a month from going for a mandatory reconsideration I got the brown envelope when I got back from work. I was shaking but did not expect any change as I know the success rate is so low ... However I have been awarded enchanced mobility (what I was requesting) my care level stayed at enchanced to so I am so pleased it is over with.

I want to say a massive thank you to this site and the mods without your help support and knowledge I would have been lost and probally lost everything. You do a job above what I ever expected so thank you.

Also there was a post on here about a month ago suggesting to approach a MR as an appeal - this is what I did, used the templates and guides and that advise was probally a big factor in getting my result. :)

More
7 years 7 months ago #169401 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP journey continues ...
discusdude

That's terrific news, well done.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #169402 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP journey continues ...
That's great news discusdude! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.