× Members

PIP journey continues ...

More
7 years 8 months ago #166590 by discusdude
PIP journey continues ... was created by discusdude
Well after getting my letter to move to PIP in April, I had my home assessment early July and I got my assessment report a week later, having read it I guessed what I might get and I was right enhanced daily living and standard mobility. I was previously on DLA lower care but higher rate mobility. Having thought about it over the weekend and researched I have dcided to do a MR on the mobility side as I scored 10 for mobility, 0 for planning and following a journey, even though I have medical eveidence to support otherwise. I know I wont score high but 4 points will take me to enhanced.

I have finished my MR tonight so will ring them tomorrow to say I am going through the MR process and will send it in record delivery tomorrow. Thank you so much for all the guides and examples I wouldn't have got this far without your help and advise.

Do you know how long MR usually take?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #166591 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP journey continues ...
Hi dd,

I'm sorry the result was not what you hoped. I suppose one can say that at least you weren't surprised :(

I must warn you that a MR will probably look at the whole of your claim, not just the mobility, and there is a chance that they can downgrade your award.

There is no fixed time in which an MR must be completed. Most are concluded within a few weeks, some faster and a few take considerably longer.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: discusdude

More
7 years 8 months ago #166593 by discusdude
Replied by discusdude on topic PIP journey continues ...
Thank you for your very quick reply.

I scored over 30 points for the care bit so I don't think they can change it too much, I know I am taking a small risk with the mobility side but I think it's worth trying.

I hope it won't take too long the amount of stress over the last few months have taken its toll on me already
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 7 months ago #169393 by discusdude
Replied by discusdude on topic mandatory reconsideration result
After a total of 6.5 months and just over a month from going for a mandatory reconsideration I got the brown envelope when I got back from work. I was shaking but did not expect any change as I know the success rate is so low ... However I have been awarded enchanced mobility (what I was requesting) my care level stayed at enchanced to so I am so pleased it is over with.

I want to say a massive thank you to this site and the mods without your help support and knowledge I would have been lost and probally lost everything. You do a job above what I ever expected so thank you.

Also there was a post on here about a month ago suggesting to approach a MR as an appeal - this is what I did, used the templates and guides and that advise was probally a big factor in getting my result. :)

More
7 years 7 months ago #169401 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP journey continues ...
discusdude

That's terrific news, well done.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #169402 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP journey continues ...
That's great news discusdude! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris