× Members

Gp evidence

More
7 years 8 months ago #166881 by Liz julian
Gp evidence was created by Liz julian
Hello everyone i have sent my pip assessment form in and had a date for my medical but I had to change it as I was only given a weeks notice and I am really poorly at the moment and my husband needs notice to get time off, also my gp is on holiday and i am unable to get evidence from him i thought the assessors would request it, but as i have had to delay my medical i wondered if i could get evidence from my gp and would like to know what to ask him please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166895 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Gp evidence

Liz julian wrote: Hello everyone i have sent my pip assessment form in and had a date for my medical but I had to change it as I was only given a weeks notice and I am really poorly at the moment and my husband needs notice to get time off, also my gp is on holiday and i am unable to get evidence from him i thought the assessors would request it, but as i have had to delay my medical i wondered if i could get evidence from my gp and would like to know what to ask him please

Just so you are aware, they are only have to give you 7 days written notice and as you have already cancelled one appointment you must now attend the next one, whenever and wherever it is or you risk having your claim closed for failing to attend.

Yes it is worth your trying to get further evidence from your GP, ideally you need to them to confirm in writing why you are unable to complete the PIP activities. You could give them a copy of the PIP activities, we recommend removing the points and ask them to indicate which ones they think you meet and to explain why.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #167135 by Liz julian
Replied by Liz julian on topic Gp evidence
Thank you I was told by atoms customer services that I could not change again but it was impossible for me to travel so far also my husband needed notice at work for time off as I am unable to attend without him. I will do as you say with the gp as ifeel his input is crucial I could not do anything earlier as he has been away for nearly 3 weeks…

Can I ask another question please:- I am one of the unfortunate 60 year old who is caught up in the massive delay in receiving my oap I have another 6 years before I can claim it… It is causing me on going stress and elevating my depression and feelings of despair that I have to battle to get my benefits for the next 6 years I worry that my benefits will stop and we will have to sell our bungalow which we only moved into a year ago because of my disabilities and have you had anyone else write to you in this position. Thank you

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #167145 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Gp evidence
Hi Liz,

I'm afraid there are a lot of people in a similar situation. I spent many years expecting to receive my state pension at the age of 60 and now have to wait until I am 66. I just thank my lucky stars that I am 'too old' to be in the 67 cohort!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: duckduckdo

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.