× Members

Final pay and affect on benefits

More
7 years 8 months ago #167046 by Jas10
Final pay and affect on benefits was created by Jas10
Hi all,

Just after a bit of advice so I know what to expect please.

After being signed off work since June 15 I have had to resign from my job because they can not fill my post whilst I am still in it. My last official day is 31 Aug.

I am in the support group for IR ESA and also receive housing benefit, CTR standard DL PIP and child tax credits.

I haven't been paid from my job since SSP ended but am owed holiday pay. I'm going to call each dept once I receive my payslip/p45, but what I'm wondering is how much it will affect my benefits? i.e because it's under £6,000 will I lose anything?

Hope that makes sense - Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167099 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Final pay and affect on benefits
As long as your savings/assets stay well under £6000. your ESA should not be affected. It is always worth letting DWP know though, it saves problems further down the line!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jas10

More
7 years 8 months ago #167189 by Jas10
Replied by Jas10 on topic Final pay and affect on benefits
Thanks Mrs H,

Thought that was the case but just needed clarification :unsure:

Ta x

More
7 years 8 months ago #167224 by Limbolife
Replied by Limbolife on topic Final pay and affect on benefits
Just to add,in the olden days when I worked for the DHSS,holiday pay was counted as income not savings.I'm not sure how they view it nowadays but it would be sensible to inform them just in case there is any issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.