× Members

pip tribunal decisions

More
7 years 8 months ago #167050 by M11GEGSAFC
pip tribunal decisions was created by M11GEGSAFC
Hi My son was asked to do assessment for p.i.p coming from d.l.a .Then another form,then reconsideration, then mandatory ...all in all it was refused to appealed to tribunal.He received a decision 2 months roughly later overturning decision saying both daily living and mobility is to be paid from date it was ceased in May 2016 as his appeal had been allowed.
Within days of this a letter came from dwp saying they were going to consider appealing and were asking for a statement of reasons as to why the change in decision and that they have a month to decide wether or not if they will appeal and will notify us if they go ahead.
Surely the tribunal 's decision is final ? What is the point of continual back and forth with beginning and end of claim if finally tribunal overturn decision and dwp can then question it ?
And does he need to do anything in meantime ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167097 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic pip tribunal decisions
The DWP have the same right as the claimant - that is, to request a Statement of reasons from the Tribunal Service and take this further only if they can demonstrate that an Error of Law occurred.

What is an Error of Law?

Otherwise, the decision must be put into action. Your son does not need to do anything meanwhile.

I have answered another message from you on the same subject. Please keep all messages about this in the same topic, we don't stand a chance of giving accurate information if everything from you is all over the place!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.