× Members

Need help with PIP

More
7 years 8 months ago #167056 by Ian
Need help with PIP was created by Ian
Hi, need help with my partners PIP. received award letter today ( 27/08/2016) enhanced daily living and standard PIP ( PIP2 FORM REVIEW) she was awarded PIP enhanced daily living last year and 0 points mobility, since the award last year things have got a lot worse ( she is 33 and had a heart attack ) please can anyone tell me if this award is right? it states on the award that she has been awarded standard rate mobility and they have decided to award this from 23/08/2016 even tho the how your disability affects you form was sent to them 10 weeks ago, don't they have to back pay from the date on the form? thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167107 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Need help with PIP
Ian

Can I just confirm;

The new award is Enhanced Daily Living and Standard Mobility? The Mobility award is new?

I'm not sure whether you were hoping for an Enhanced Mobility award or whether you are happy with Standard?

Unless you notified the DWP of a Change of Circumstances it is normal for the new award to only apply from the date it is made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #167217 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Need help with PIP
hi, not very happy about standard and informed them in april over the phone and was told to add it to the pip2 form

More
7 years 8 months ago #167237 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Need help with PIP

Ian wrote: hi, not very happy about standard and informed them in april over the phone and was told to add it to the pip2 form

If you reported a Change of Circumstances then, providing it was accepted that the change was applicable at that time, then your award should have been backdated to the date that you notified them.

I would start by contacting the DWP to make them aware of this.

As the report was done by phone, you may need to issue a Subject Access Request for a copy of the phone call recording If there is any query over you having reported the Change of Circumstances.

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

If the DWP don't respond you will need to request a Mandatory Reconsideration.

If you are unhappy with the Mobility award then you will have to request an MR anyway and deal with both issues.

See our PIP Appeal guide for further information and the PIP section also has template letters you can use for the request.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.