× Members

ESA claim Oct 2015, no WCA yet, start uni sept????

More
7 years 8 months ago #167057 by billboy05
Initial esa section of Universal Credit claim made in Oct 2015, had ESA50 form in July 2016, haven't had a response about that form yet. Start uni in September. I phoned UC last month and explained this to them and the guy just said phone again nearer the time incase you get a wca appointment, nothing yet.

If I inform them I start uni will they stop my Universal Credit even though I've been on waiting for 11 months? Backdated payments of around £1000 would be erased too because no WCA (been on ~£56 p/w , with wca won would be on ~£98? p/w, 13 week initial wait time, backdated payment to that date from now).

Can they do this to me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167109 by Gordon

billboy05 wrote: Initial esa section of Universal Credit claim made in Oct 2015, had ESA50 form in July 2016, haven't had a response about that form yet. Start uni in September. I phoned UC last month and explained this to them and the guy just said phone again nearer the time incase you get a wca appointment, nothing yet.

If I inform them I start uni will they stop my Universal Credit even though I've been on waiting for 11 months? Backdated payments of around £1000 would be erased too because no WCA (been on ~£56 p/w , with wca won would be on ~£98? p/w, 13 week initial wait time, backdated payment to that date from now).

Can they do this to me?

From what I can find you can only continue to claim UC and ESA and do a full time education course if you are also receiving PIP or DLA (you may need to be receiving the Daily Living or Care component).

As to not having been assessed yet. If you have not been assessed and your claim is closed because of your course then you lose any chance to receive any back payments. All I can suggest is that you chase Maximus for an appointment

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

You can also try involving your MP to try and get an assessment done.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.