× Members

PIP assessment query.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167060 by weymouth321
PIP assessment query. was created by weymouth321
I am claiming I \ R ESA and DLA low rate care. I am waiting for the PIP claim form to arrive. The last time I had a home assessment. Not requested by me. About 2-3 years ago for DLA. I have OCD , a remnant from anorexia nervosa. The DWP assessment man asked to use the toilet last time, and I had to say no, due to the OCD.H have never mentioned OCD to him or on any claim form as ashamed, when many have cancer. Recently , I had repeat power cuts and had to call in the electrician to fix it. I watched him intensely, can't wait for him to go and almost pass out with anxiety. My family are restricted to seldom short visits.The rheumatoid arthritis has worsened over this past year , unable to stand for any amount of time and walking is limited. Please advise me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167112 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment query.

josie wrote: I am claiming I \ R ESA and DLA low rate care. I am waiting for the PIP claim form to arrive. The last time I had a home assessment. Not requested by me. About 2-3 years ago for DLA. I have OCD , a remnant from anorexia nervosa. The DWP assessment man asked to use the toilet last time, and I had to say no, due to the OCD.H have never mentioned OCD to him or on any claim form as ashamed, when many have cancer. Recently , I had repeat power cuts and had to call in the electrician to fix it. I watched him intensely, can't wait for him to go and almost pass out with anxiety. My family are restricted to seldom short visits.The rheumatoid arthritis has worsened over this past year , unable to stand for any amount of time and walking is limited. Please advise me.

Although you previously had a home assessment it's not clear whether you would need one for your PIP claim?

If you do then you will need a letter from your GP explaining why you cannot attend at the Assessment Providers offices. If one is granted then you can choose which room the assessment is held in and the person who interviews you will not ask to see any other part of your home.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: weymouth321

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.