× Members

Esa support group

More
7 years 8 months ago #167061 by Hjhowe
Esa support group was created by Hjhowe
Hi
I've been in the support group (due to mental health) for a few years now, and must be due a review soon as I haven't had one for a few years.
I've changed medication recently and feel a little better. This may be temporary, I know, as I have changed before and felt a little better but then gone back down.
As I feel a little better I wanted to try and work and as it happens an acquaintance of mine has offered me a job, 16 hours a week minimum wage. They have no idea about my health, I've become an expert in hiding it to the world, so I would rather they didn't know. What worries me is that I try to work, fail significantly, and have no benefits to fall back on.
So, that's my query really. Am I able to try to work and still claim in the support group?
Can anyone help?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167113 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa support group
Hjhowe

If you contact the DWP office dealing with your ESA claim they can tell you when you are likely to be reassessed, doing so won't initiate one.

You can do Permitted Work and still receive your ESA payments. There is a guide in the ESA section.

One point, you cannot work 16 hours or more, so the work your acquaintance has offered you must be for less then 16 hours (15 hours and 59 minutes is OK).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hjhowe

More
7 years 8 months ago #167172 by Hjhowe
Replied by Hjhowe on topic Esa support group
Thank you, I'll have a look at the guide now. Mom always wary of ringing them in case they put me at the head of the queue!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.