× Members

PIP

More
7 years 8 months ago #167065 by MandiJane
PIP was created by MandiJane
Hi, I put in for PIP and received an award. I received standard award for care and nothing for mobility. My support worker has told me to put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration. I requested a copy of the Medical Report and once received I then rang requesting a Mandatory Reconsidertaion to be registered. They then gave me 28 days from that date. My Doctor is also providing evidence of my illness and how it affects me ME/CFS. I was asked by the DWP what my main issue was. I told them that I was surprised by mobility. I currently have a blue badge but my own car but having nothing for mobility I would lose my card. I told them that ME/CFS is all about mobility. I then advised that my Support Worker at the M.E. Society has said I should also have it all looked at. The letter has been prepared and I awaiting the Doctors Report to be able to send off to the DWP. The same day I received a text from the DWP to say they were relooking at my award and they were "looking at it now" and not to contact them. Why are they doing this? I will be sending in the Mandatory Reconsideration but what does it mean that they are looking at it again "now"? Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167117 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP
Mandi

Don't worry about the text it is just a standard message to acknowledge your MR.

Although you have been given 28 days, get your evidence there as quickly as you can as the time includes postage and it getting to the right office.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #169077 by MandiJane
Replied by MandiJane on topic PIP
Thank you Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.