× Members

Esa reassessment

More
7 years 8 months ago #167069 by metrorider
Esa reassessment was created by metrorider
Hi,

I've just got my ESA 50 form almost a year after being placed in the Support group. i expected this as was told my award was initially for twelve months.

I'm diagnosed of having an anxiety disorder, namely Avoidant Personality Disorder. The HCA at my last medical was very understanding to be fair and my report was very accurate when I requested a copy.
It was reported that I have a 'Depressive illness and an anxiety disorder. He has a history of suicide.Therefore, the overall evidence suggests that he is at risk of deterioration in health if found fit for work or work-related activities.'

I have filled in the ESA using my last ESA 50 as a guide and going over the forum guides on BFW website.

My question is what is the chances of me remaining in the Support group as my situation has not changed since my last ESA assessment? I am aware that I have to treat this new ESA 50 as a completely new application. Can I enclose a copy of the previous medical report as evidence for Maximus/decision maker or is this likely to be ignored? Do I have to get a new doctors letter to confirm my diagnosis or do I have to supply an unto date copy?

I know you can't give a definitive reply as it's all down to to the DWP at the end of the day. I guess the more evidence I give at this stage the less likely I'll have to go for a F2F and a decision be made on the ESA 50 as a stand alone.

Your help in this would be most appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167119 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa reassessment
metrorider

There have been no changes to the ESA Descriptors since your were last assessed so in principle there should be no reason why you should not stay in the SG, however a different assessor or DM can sometimes mean a different result.

If your GP is prepared to give you one, then a letter from them will certainly be of help as long as it addressed the ESA activities.

There's no reason why you cannot submit the report from your last assessment but you will need to explain why it is still relevant.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.