× Members

ESA Descriptors

More
7 years 8 months ago #167088 by digitalrace
ESA Descriptors was created by digitalrace
Hello
In one of Gordons answers he used the term 'echo the descriptors'. Does this mean that I should quote a particular descriptor e.g. for question 16 on ESA50 Coping with social situations.
Would it be helpful for me if i stated:
'Engagement in social contact with someone unfamiliar to the claimant is not possible for majority of the time due to difficulty relating to others or significant distress experienced by the individual'
(I would change the word 'claimant' and 'individual' and would use 'myself').
Is this echoing the descriptors?
Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167125 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Descriptors

commited wrote: Hello
In one of Gordons answers he used the term 'echo the descriptors'. Does this mean that I should quote a particular descriptor e.g. for question 16 on ESA50 Coping with social situations.
Would it be helpful for me if i stated:
'Engagement in social contact with someone unfamiliar to the claimant is not possible for majority of the time due to difficulty relating to others or significant distress experienced by the individual'
(I would change the word 'claimant' and 'individual' and would use 'myself').
Is this echoing the descriptors?
Kind regards

I actually say to echo the language used in the Descriptors :)

So for example; ESA uses the phrase "significant discomfort" to describe pain, but there is nothing wrong with the example you have used, just remember you also need to explain why.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: digitalrace

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.