× Members

PIP Interview - Atos are NOT listening!!!

More
7 years 8 months ago #167058 by Bexben
Any advice from anyone please.
Despite written request from mental health team, and supporting letter from myself (carer and nearest relative) my son, diagnosed with Bipolar 1/ schizo affective disorder, has just received an appointment for a face to face interview regarding changeover from DLA to PIP. His mental health will be severely affected by this. The DWP appear not to read any supporting evidence, having previously had to go to Appeal for DLA which was upheld and he was reinstated in the 'support group.' All after a nurse working for ATOS with only basic mental health training deemed he had NO mental health issues at all!
Ignoring evidence does not make the illness go away, I wish it did!
Next step - any advice please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167110 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Interview - Atos are NOT listening!!!

Bexben wrote: Any advice from anyone please.
Despite written request from mental health team, and supporting letter from myself (carer and nearest relative) my son, diagnosed with Bipolar 1/ schizo affective disorder, has just received an appointment for a face to face interview regarding changeover from DLA to PIP. His mental health will be severely affected by this. The DWP appear not to read any supporting evidence, having previously had to go to Appeal for DLA which was upheld and he was reinstated in the 'support group.' All after a nurse working for ATOS with only basic mental health training deemed he had NO mental health issues at all!
Ignoring evidence does not make the illness go away, I wish it did!
Next step - any advice please?

I've moved your post to it's own topic.

Please don't your questions in other member's topics, it's not fait on them and can lead to the wrong advice being given or taken.

Decisions on a home or paper assessment are made by the Assessment Provider (AP) for your postcode, the DWP do not have anything to do with this part of the process.

It is quite possible that the letters from his mental health team have been missed, I'm afraid the ones from yourself and his carer will not be of value at this stage of the process.

I would start by contacting the AP and referring them to the letter, but be prepared to contact your son's GP for a letter from them stating why they cannot attend.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.