× Members

PIP reassessment after tribunal

More
7 years 8 months ago #167154 by Cheryl
PIP reassessment after tribunal was created by Cheryl
Hi
I am new to the forum and would like to ask whether anyone has had a reassessment for a PIP claim because their existing claim period is coming to an end and has previously attended a tribunal that voted in their favour.
I can't find any information pertaining to my particular situation.
My chronic health condition has not changed since I attended the tribunal in October 2014. I was awarded PIP for 3 years ( over a year was backdated as it took so long). DWP contacted me at the end of June 2016 and sent a PIP2 form and the process seems to be starting all over again. Despite my having sent in medical evidence to show that nothing has changed since that decision was made.
I would be grateful to hear from anyone that has or is in this situation. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #167155 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP reassessment after tribunal
Hi Cheryl and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

DWP are currently initiating the reassessment process a full year before the award is due to end. So this is about right if you were given a 3 year award by the Tribunal in 2014.

The fact that you previously had to go to Tribunal does not alter the reassessment process in any way.

Every PIP2 form should be filled out as if for a first claim with answers given in detail and (copies of) supporting documents submitted.

There is a newer form that only asks whether things are better/worse/the same and this does not have to be completed in so much detail.

It is possible that you will need a face2face assessment.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167177 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic PIP reassessment after tribunal
Hi
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Yes I already have a date for a medical assessment
I received the letter last Friday and have the assessment next Monday !! It does make me wonder whether the DWP even bothered to read my PIP2 form and medical evidence as they received it on the 12th of August and ATOS told me they were informed on the 13th that I needed an assessment. My existing claim comes to an end on the 16th September. They seem to have left it until the last minute

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #167194 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP reassessment after tribunal

Cheryl wrote: Hi
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Yes I already have a date for a medical assessment
I received the letter last Friday and have the assessment next Monday !! It does make me wonder whether the DWP even bothered to read my PIP2 form and medical evidence as they received it on the 12th of August and ATOS told me they were informed on the 13th that I needed an assessment. My existing claim comes to an end on the 16th September. They seem to have left it until the last minute

Decisions on whether a face to face assessment are required or not are mad by ATOS (and Capita) not the DWP.

They have left it late, unless a new award is place by the 16th your payments will cease, a new award would be backdated to the 17th but we are currently seeing PIP Decision taking as long as 8 weeks, so you may be without benefit for several weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.