× Members

PIP change of circumstances

More
7 years 8 months ago #167245 by Marie
PIP change of circumstances was created by Marie
Hello All,

I would like to know if a person receiving PIP Daily Living Component at Standard Rate and their circumstances changed due to their disabilities are worse can someone tell me how I go about making a claim for Enhanced PIP for both daily living and mobility components.

Would it be a review or a new claim for PIP any advice and help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Marie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167247 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP change of circumstances

Marie wrote: Hello All,

I would like to know if a person receiving PIP Daily Living Component at Standard Rate and their circumstances changed due to their disabilities are worse can someone tell me how I go about making a claim for Enhanced PIP for both daily living and mobility components.

Would it be a review or a new claim for PIP any advice and help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Marie

The first thing you need to consider is whether you can reasonably score the extra points that you would need for an enhanced award of both components, I would start by going through the PIP Claim guide, mark yourself harshly as it is likely that the assessor and DM will!

Secondly, do you have medical evidence to support the change, for example; has your medication been changed, have you had additional tests, etc. I think you will struggle to prove your claim if you do not have this.

If you believe that you can score the 12 points required then you should write to the DWP office dealing with your claim, explaining that your conditions have deteriorated and that you would like to be reassessed.

I would expect you to receive a new PIP2 which you will need to complete in detail, in addition to the new medical evidence you should send in evidence to support your current claim, even if it has been submitted before. Expect a face to face assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #167262 by Marie
Replied by Marie on topic PIP change of circumstances

Gordon wrote:

Marie wrote: Hello All,

Many thanks.

Regards,

Marie

The first thing you need to consider is whether you can reasonably score the extra points that you would need for an enhanced award of both components, I would start by going through the PIP Claim guide, mark yourself harshly as it is likely that the assessor and DM will!

Secondly, do you have medical evidence to support the change, for example; has your medication been changed, have you had additional tests, etc. I think you will struggle to prove your claim if you do not have this.

If you believe that you can score the 12 points required then you should write to the DWP office dealing with your claim, explaining that your conditions have deteriorated and that you would like to be reassessed.

I would expect you to receive a new PIP2 which you will need to complete in detail, in addition to the new medical evidence you should send in evidence to support your current claim, even if it has been submitted before. Expect a face to face assessment.

Gordon

Thank you for your quick reply Gordon much appreciated. The person concerned had a severe road traffic accident last September 2015 ended up in a coma for months just left the brain injury stroke unit hospital department last week and is now in a rehabilitating centre for 6 months. She is partially brain damaged cannot speak properly, eat or drink by herself and virtually unable to walk.

She's actually crawling on all fours and sleep on a mattress on the floor so not to cause any injury to herself and has been sleeping that way in the hospital ward since last September 2015.

DWP and PIP was informed of the traffic accident together with the hospital letter stating the lady's severe condition but received no letters from either DWP and PIP confirming receipt of the change of circumstances. The lady was due to attend a Work focus interview, I hand delivered the letter myself. She is still receiving her benefits which has not changed since the accident of last year 2015.

Although I forgot to mention she is receiving ESA work related activity group which now in her health condition she should be receiving ESA Support Group.

Would you mind telling me if her ESA work related activity group should have been changed since her road traffic accident? Would I need to re-apply for ESA support group and what form is needed to be filled.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Marie

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #167269 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP change of circumstances
Hi Marie,

It certainly sounds as if the young lady would meet at least one of the Support Group descriptors.

Qualifying for the Support Group

The process would be the same as for PIP - contact DWP and ask for a 'supersession' as circumstances have changed. This would likely trigger an ESA50. Try and include as much information as necessary for a decision to be made without needing a face2face assessment!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167273 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP change of circumstances
Marie

Were the DWP notified when the person went into hospital and when they left. PIP is only payable for first 28 days of a hospital visit after which payments are suspended?

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.