× Members

Reapply for ESA ( income based)

More
7 years 8 months ago #167300 by yak1
Reapply for ESA ( income based) was created by yak1
Hi newbie here, I was migrated from IB In2014 to ESA (contributions based). After 12 months it finished & Ias I had savings over the.limit I didn't apply. I have been using my savings to live. I now have savings way below &I need to reapply.
1. Does DWP keep my details?
2. Originally in WRAG, can I move to support?
3. On Gov.com it says to phone to get ESA, ShouldI or request a form?
4.I would be grateful for any advice.
Yak1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167316 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Reapply for ESA ( income based)
Yak

You should be able to reactivate your current claim although you should not expect the call centre staff to understand how to do this.

It's important that you do not make a new claim as doing so will break the link to your Contribution Based claim and you will not be able to re-establish this without working.

To answer your questions.

1. As it has been some time since you received payment on your ESA(CB) claim, the DWP will now only hold basic information on you, expect to have to complete a new ESA1, you should mark this as "claim reactivation" or something similar to ensure that it is nor treated as a new claim. The ESA1 will capture information about your current financial situation.

2. I would expect you to be reassessed with a new ESA50 and likely a face to face interview, to be placed in the Support Group you will need to meet one of more of the associated Descriptors. See the ESA Claim guides for details

3. Yes you can phone them, but as I said make it clear that you are reactivating your claim not making a new one. You may need to escalate the problem to a manager, this normally requires a call back.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: yak1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.