× Members

PIP Assessment

More
7 years 8 months ago #167333 by wolfchile
PIP Assessment was created by wolfchile
A few weeks ago I received a claim form for PIP and a WCA both at the same time. My world fell apart. To be honest I have been living in fear over PIP for last few years terrified of the post each and every day. I am on DLA indefinite aware of higher rate care low mobility currently and ESA support group. ‎

Since my claim for DLA on mental health grounds I became very unwell physically and I am 32 different medications. I filled in both forms comprehensively with the help of the guides on the site and I had a stack of medical reports such as letters from consultants and test results. So much so I had to copy all letters to both WCA and PIP and it cost £11 to send despite having freepost envelopes as I wanted to send them recorded. I thought I had comprehensively supplied medical evidence. 

However today I received a letter telling me to go for a medical for PIP at 8.00 am miles away. My husband phoned to say I cannot travel and explained I had supplied a psychiatrist letter to say ‎I cannot go out and why and that I would need a home visit. 

Atos said I cannot have a home visit as I had identified I had 'anger issues' but that is directed towards myself. They now said they have cancelled my face to face assessment and will assess me on paper and may call me back in or not and may call psychiatrist. 
My question is why did they call me in in first place. Does it mean they are not happy with the evidence provided? Also will it be detrimental to my claim being assessed on paper? My husband said he thought it would better for him to explain things as my carer but I was concenered that they may try and twist things or false assumptions and it is just 'yes' and 'no answers'. Its unbreable and I feel sick and unwell. I just want to get through the weekend. ‎ I thought I had supplied everything and explained fully how my illnesses affect me and what I can and cannot do. 

If I loose my PIP and my ESA I am worried my money will stop completely and I will end up homeless and lose my home and cats. I have been homeless before and terrified it will happen again! I feel powerless and helpless. My husband is disabled too but over retirement and claim is in my name on all on my shoulders. I can't take no more worry. 

:sick:

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167343 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment
wolfchile

We have had several members report that they have been refused a home assessment because they have anger issues, as far as I am aware nobody has managed to overturn the decision.

They really would not have opted for a paper assessment if they did not think that there was sufficient information for them to do so, so you should take some comfort from that. Paper assessments are rare enough that we don't really have an appreciation of what it might mean for an award, on other forums it can mean a refusal, but we have not seen this on B&W.

Whilst it is just an impression, I do think that the Assessment Providers are testing some of the people referred for assessment to see if they really are as limited as they claim by offering an office assessment instead of home or paper assessment and seeing how much fuss the claimant makes about being able to attend.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: wolfchile

More
7 years 8 months ago #167369 by unBat412Fd
Replied by unBat412Fd on topic PIP Assessment
Replied to ur topic earlier but mite have hit a wrong key or something and screen went dead, so if u get this twice I do apologise. How awful for you to have to fill both forms in at the same time. That is just diabolical. To be honest with you I don't think they read the forms or the evidence and just send out the appt letters without a thought once they receive your form. I filled PIP form in to within an inch of its life and sent lots of evidence. At PIP assessment I gave two more letters and was told they have lots of evidence now, (so why drag me all way over there to assessment then?), made sure they took the extra! I hope you dont mind me saying that if it were me, personally I would be relieved to have a paper based assessment. I have just had ESA and PIP assessments in same week and it has absolutely floored me! No chance of getting out of bed today I can tell you.

I do agree with Gordon's last comment that they are trying to test claimants to see if they kick up a fuss. I did not have an ounce left to kick up the fuss or any backup to help me do it. I hope your paper based assessment goes well for you and you get a good result. Best o luck and carry on with the fuss kicking!! PP :)

More
7 years 8 months ago #167493 by wolfchile
Replied by wolfchile on topic PIP Assessment
Hello Again Gordon

After being told they had cancellled my face to face assesssment after getting a psychaitrists letter saying I have agrophobia and at risk of harm if I got to face to face internview I ahve received a letter saying I do have to go for face to face and the appoinmtn has been reinstated. I am devestated and terrified and dont think I can do it. If I do manage to get there they wil use it against me. I dont go out except to the hospitala and have patient transport and someone with me but I struggle with being around people and have severe mental illness and under mental health team

I put in piles of emdcial evidence is this where I have gone wrong. I have had a lot more physical illness since my claim for DLA and I put this in to demostrate the different affects these have had on my daily living. I feel beyond hope now as it seems all this has done is to cast doubt on my claim :sick: :sick:

More
7 years 8 months ago #167524 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Assessment
I'm sorry this is all making you so unwell :(

As far as being required to attend a face2face assessment is concerned, the only avenue I can now suggest is to ask for help from your MP

Contacting your MP

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.