× Members

ESA result timeframe query

More
7 years 8 months ago #167365 by emmasmum
ESA result timeframe query was created by emmasmum
Hello again

I had my F2F over 4 weeks ago & was told by the assessor that I should hear the result in about 2 weeks. When I phoned DWP yesterday to find out any news, I was told very curtly that there isnt a timeframe to get a result following an assessment so the decision maker can take as long as they like.

I was very surprised by this response & wanted to know if this was factually correct. BTW it is a renewal that was received by them in April & have had copious evidence already (so much so the assessor said he didnt see why I'd been called in as there was more than enough evidence in my file)

Thanks again for any advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167386 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA result timeframe query

bobber31 wrote: Hello again

I had my F2F over 4 weeks ago & was told by the assessor that I should hear the result in about 2 weeks. When I phoned DWP yesterday to find out any news, I was told very curtly that there isnt a timeframe to get a result following an assessment so the decision maker can take as long as they like.

I was very surprised by this response & wanted to know if this was factually correct. BTW it is a renewal that was received by them in April & have had copious evidence already (so much so the assessor said he didnt see why I'd been called in as there was more than enough evidence in my file)

Thanks again for any advice

Whilst the DWP should make a Decision as soon as reasonably possible there is no defined timescale in which a Decision must be made, at the moment PIP Decisions are taking 7-8 weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: emmasmum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.