× Members

PIP Mandatory Reassessment.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167396 by Figurehead
PIP Mandatory Reassessment. was created by Figurehead
Hi there

I am looking for some information on the best course of action here.

I have received today my DLA to PIP award outcome and it is not good news, I have phoned DWP to request a copy of the assessment report before I go ahead in writing for a decision reconsideration.

However, I have been told that it can take 14 days to send this through, and I am concerned as you have to ask for a reconsideration within one month.

I explained I do not want them to reconsider until I have had the assessment report and I am not exactly clear on this, I am not sure if the woman I spoke to said they can start the process after I have received the assessment report, does anyone know if this is the case?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167408 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Mandatory Reassessment.
Figurehead

They have misinformed you, the assessment report does effect the time when an MR starts.

Whilst it is important that your MR is received by the DWP within a month of the Decision date you do have some flexibility when you send in your request. The 14 days is about right for how long the report should take to get to you, so you can wait to see if you receive it in time.

You should have the Decision Makers Statement of Reasons, which will be based on the assessment report so you can start to prepare your reasons why the Decision is wrong now and expand on this when you get the report.

Whilst it can be tempting to argue against what has been said by the DM and assessor, you will only receive an award by showing that you meet the criteria for one, so you must focus on this first and then explain why the comments from the assessment are wrong.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Figurehead

More
7 years 8 months ago #167429 by solitude
Replied by solitude on topic PIP Mandatory Reassessment.
I phoned them a couple of days ago to ask for my report and they told me four weeks! Looks like I'll have to write my MR without the aid of seeing mine beforehand.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167441 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Mandatory Reassessment.

solitude wrote: I phoned them a couple of days ago to ask for my report and they told me four weeks! Looks like I'll have to write my MR without the aid of seeing mine beforehand.

Crikey! :ohmy:

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.