× Members

pip mobility and can I get a full report of assess

More
7 years 8 months ago #167431 by Dan
Hello, I am very new at this site, it helped me so much when I went for my pip assessment, 6-8 weeks later that brown envelope arrived.. Previously I was awarded a lower rate help for care and higher rate mobility.. This time I was awarded the enhanced rate for daily living living which I scored 12 points, the mobility however was 10 points, I scored 0 for planning and following a journey. I scored 10 points for moving around. The accompanying letter however stated that I drove myself to the assessment ( my partner took time off to take me which I told the assessor) it also states that I did not appear anxious etc at assessment even though I was very anxious but trying to do my best. I am going to appeal against this because I rely on my wife to drive as I feel most of the time I am not confident to get myself from a to b, can you please tell me if I am able to get a full report of my assessment? I have phoned Dwp to tell them that I would like them to reconsider their decision. If I can get a copy of the report then I will wait to write to them. Thanking you kind folk in advance.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #167443 by slugsta
Hi Dan and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm sorry you did not get the PIP decision you believe you should :(

You should be able to get a copy of the assessor's report without any problem, just phone DWP and ask for it. It usually takes 10-14 days to arrive.

Please don't delay submitting your MR request beyond 1 month if the report has not arrived. You can always say that you will provide more information when you have seen it.

The PIP guide explains the MR process and has a template letter too.

PIP help for claimants

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.