× Members

pip text message service

More
7 years 8 months ago #167459 by micksville
pip text message service was created by micksville
Just a heads up for members. I agreed to be contacted by text and was duly informed of receipt of claim (Im being transfered from dla) thanking me for sending my pip 2 form back etc. After a week or so I got a text saying atos had appointments available in their area. I called explaining if they had read my submissions and the gp supporting letter included they woukd be aware a home visit was requested. Then I was informed that this was a generic text as cancellations meant there were medical appointments available in my area. As I was 'in the system' I received this text.I was assured all medical evidence was reviewed and taken into account. I pointed them to the gp supporting letter and I have since been granted a home medical.....I'm still of the opinion that once an actual "health care professional" looks at my pip 2 form and submissions they might yet decide that I might be reviewed just on the paperwork. It seems despite the probldms they faced with esa medicals, Atos are still running a rather confusing ship as the general office that sent the generic text are inviting claimants for medicals when they might not actually warrant one, or at the very least merit a domicillary visit. This done by office staff before the medical staff have even looked at the medical evidence. Be aware of this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167464 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip text message service
micksville

The text from ATOS was because they and Capita have so many assessments cancelled that they often have holes in the assessors diaries, they are simply seeing if anybody wants to take a short notice appointment! :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #167467 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic pip text message service
I understood that Gordon but my point was that it was sent by the atos general office, just fishing I guess to fill cancelled appointments. Not by the medical dept of atos who would decide if a) a face2face was necessary or b) if a face2face ought take place at the claimants home as per request and evidence in my submissions. Seems the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing, as always.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.