× Members

Assessment report use of hearing aid

More
7 years 7 months ago #167522 by Skintmember22
Assessment report use of hearing aid was created by Skintmember22
I recieved my assessment report the other day but couldn't deal with it although some are correct some things are inconsistent to what was said.

if the DM has gone along with Assessor which gives 10 points for daily living which I'm told via telephone I have been awarded standard.
Activity 7 communicating verbally
I showed my hearing aids to the assessor!, She said 'well you don't wear them so I don't really need to see them' (fair enough)as I added this Information in my pip 2 questionnaire as I can't wear them due to back ground noise echoing as it makes my anxiety much worse causing dizziness My husband also informed her that a hearing aid fitter he bust my ear drum with a mould.

I was awarded B 2 points needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to speak and hear.

she adds requires Aids due to loss of hearing stated in condition and functional history Supported by being observed, asking to repeat questions asked and having difficulties hearing conversational tone at 1 meter without hearing aids.

Can they say you need to wear them even though it makes my conditions worse. I can't wear them due to back ground mouse static and uncomfortable?
I feel I should be awarded D needs communication support to be able to express or understand basic verbal information
I have been awarded 10 points for standard daily living
And 14 points for 10 + 4

I could go through other parts of the assessment report as she says my grip and upper stength is good leg rise ok which it isn't what my rheumatologist said a month after the assessment severe muscle deconditioning due to multiple tendinitis multiple mechanical joint pain epicondylitis shoulder impingement, hypermobility scoliosis ect

Many Thanks Cx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #167575 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessment report use of hearing aid
Skintmember

If you have a look at the PIP Claim guide, the Descriptors for the 4 and 8 point Descriptors ((c) and (d)), require the claimant to be receiving communication support

“Communication support” means support from a person trained or experienced in communicating with people with specific communication needs, including interpreting verbal information into a nonverbal form and vice versa.

Can you show that this is the case?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #167602 by Skintmember22
Replied by Skintmember22 on topic Assessment report use of hearing aid
The only communication support I recieve is from my husbsnd who relays information back to me or answers the question for me. I can't hear too good with them in

Many Thanks Cx

More
7 years 7 months ago #167636 by Skintmember22
Sorry

Many Thanks Cx

More
7 years 7 months ago #167655 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessment report use of hearing aid

Skintmember22 wrote: Sorry

??????

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #167724 by Skintmember22
I think this is there's a Mistske I started but didn't get chance to finish what I was trying to say
I did do another post but it just says thank you Gordan
I can't see the post So thanks for taking the time to answer my queries. I'm on the waiting list for a esa Ftf

Many Thanks Cx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.