× Members

PIP after Assessment contact from Assessor

More
7 years 8 months ago #167628 by Sean Reid
Hi there,
Sorry to trouble you..
Had my PIP assessment the other day and the person doing it seemed pretty caring and understanding..
Assessment took almost 1.5hrs..
Think we answered most questions but there was some info that I didn't relay so well or perhaps..forgot..Have memory problems among other issues.

However..my question isn't so much related to the assessment or if/how I can supply information I think I missed..though it would be nice to know..

My question is..Have any members here been contacted by..or heard of such..by ther assessor post PIP interview?
I was contacted today by the person who assessed me and they informed me that after the meeting they had been so worried about me..mental health issues etc..that they had contacted their supervisor for advice and then acted on that advice to contact my GP..
I am now going to see my GP in the hope that I can get some help..but..thought that what has transpired was both unusual..and showed a certain amount of care and dedication by the assessor that we don't hear about ..almost going above and beyond their role really..for the better!

Also..maybe falsely..this perhaps gives me some encouragement in my assessment being fair and possibly favourable..
Interested to know if others have come across this sort of thing?

Many Thanks

Sean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #167629 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP after Assessment contact from Assessor
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I am glad that you were treated with kindness. I haven't heard of an assessor phoning the claimant after the interview but maybe members will have experienced this.

I'm afraid we have given up trying to guess the eventual outcome from the way the face2face was conducted!

Decisions are currently taking around 8 weeks following the assessment.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.