× Members

PIP Reconsideration

More
7 years 7 months ago #167642 by Stel
PIP Reconsideration was created by Stel
Hi
My daughter needs help completing her reconsideration letter, am I able to write it for her and get her to sign it as I was with her at her assessment, but she has been declined after changeover from DLA to PIP and everything said on the decline letter was not what happened at the assessment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #167660 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Reconsideration

Stel wrote: Hi
My daughter needs help completing her reconsideration letter, am I able to write it for her and get her to sign it as I was with her at her assessment, but she has been declined after changeover from DLA to PIP and everything said on the decline letter was not what happened at the assessment.

There are template letter you can use in the PIP section, it shouldn't be a problem with you writing the letter and your daughter signing it. If her stated problems on the PIP2 would make her writing the letter difficult then it might help to include a short note on how the letter was produced.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stel

More
7 years 7 months ago #167736 by Stel
Replied by Stel on topic PIP Reconsideration
Thank you Gordon, I have the template letter and need to finish it and get it sent off as it needs to be there by next week. I will write the note on the bottom to say that I wrote it for her to sign. Or would it be better for me to write it as me about her and a note on the bottom to say she agrees with her signature, or is that not possible? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

More
7 years 7 months ago #167755 by Gordon

Stel wrote: Thank you Gordon, I have the template letter and need to finish it and get it sent off as it needs to be there by next week. I will write the note on the bottom to say that I wrote it for her to sign. Or would it be better for me to write it as me about her and a note on the bottom to say she agrees with her signature, or is that not possible? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

It's always better if the claimant signs, it confirms that they agree with what has been written.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #167772 by Stel
Replied by Stel on topic PIP Reconsideration
What I mean is do I write it from my point of view about her or write it as if I was her? or could I do it any way?

More
7 years 7 months ago #167794 by Gordon

Stel wrote: What I mean is do I write it from my point of view about her or write it as if I was her? or could I do it any way?

There are two issues;

First administratively, only the claimant or their appointee can request a Mandatory Reconsideration or appeal.

Secondly, does she have a reasonable understanding of her conditions and how they effect her on a daily basis? If she does then it would make more sense for it to be written in the first person. If she does not, then I would do it in the third person.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Stel

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.