× Members

Pip assessment - continuation of dla??

More
7 years 7 months ago #167650 by ejayne72
Pip assessment - continuation of dla?? was created by ejayne72
Hi. I am due to have a home visit next monday for my transfer from dla to pip. Most of my health problems are because of a severe mental health issue.. Does anyone know, if i lose my award and challenge and end up at a tribunal, do the dla payments continue during the whole process?? Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #167667 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip assessment - continuation of dla??
Hi em,

I'm afraid your DLA will continue for one month after the PIP decision - whatever that decision is and irrespective of whether you appeal.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago #167686 by ejayne72
Replied by ejayne72 on topic Pip assessment - continuation of dla??
Thank you mrs hurtyback. Do you know, if i win an appeal, is the money back dated??

More
7 years 7 months ago #167701 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip assessment - continuation of dla??

em wrote: Thank you mrs hurtyback. Do you know, if i win an appeal, is the money back dated??

Hi em,

Yes, if you were to win at appeal the money would be backdated so that there was no gap.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #167728 by ejayne72
Replied by ejayne72 on topic Pip assessment - continuation of dla??
Thank you mrs hurtyback, at least that is some comfort i guess. Though without my dla (pip), i am not sure i would last long enough to fight it. I have a bad feeling about the assessment. I will have my support worker with me though, so she can help and be a witness!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.