× Members

Cancelled face2face

More
7 years 7 months ago #167656 by Dot
Cancelled face2face was created by Dot
So cross just had a phone call to cancel my appointment tomorrow and move it a week away. Got to the point where I just want it over with and was gearing myself up for tomorrow. Do these people have any idea what we go through grrrrr! Sorry rant over

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #167668 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Cancelled face2face
Hi Dot,

I'm afraid that this is not uncommon :angry:

In fact, it happens so frequently that we have a permanent topic about it in the 'Spotlights' area of the forum.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=107189

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago #167683 by Bill24chev
Replied by Bill24chev on topic Cancelled face2face
DOT
All I can advise from my recent experience is you keep calm and don't panic.

Wife had two cancellations due to there being no HCP's on previous occasions qualified to assess her Central Nervous System problems.(see my PhantomWheelchair thtead)

Wife had WCA today with a Doctor and it was recorded.

I recommend if F2F is a WCA and if you now have time, to request a recorded assessment. ( if you can get the specified equipment such as two identical old cassette recorders request that you record yourself if PIP).

I have now sat in on four F2F's, three WCA one PIP and the two recorded ones were far less intimidating and more like a session with a caring GP than the two non recorded F2F's both these resulted in zero points, both appealed. ESA changed to Support Group on appeal. Son lost PIP appeal because he did not attend due to his health problems. I believe he would have been successful at a UT but he decided it was too much hassle.

bill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dot

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.