× Members

PIP appeal

More
7 years 7 months ago #167729 by jewel
PIP appeal was created by jewel
Hello

anyone have experience of Walsall Appeal venue? I have appeal in a few days and wondered what it is like.
any suggestions of help would be appreciated I do not have a representative I'm on my own but daughter coming with me

Very nervous now

was in receipt of High mobility DLA and low rate care but awarded nothing for PIP

GP report was disgusting only looked at my last visit to GP Dr did report that I have never seen but I requested a letter stating my conditions hope this will help me.

Thank you for any suggestions or help

Jewels

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #167747 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP appeal
Jewel

Can't help with the venue, perhaps some of our members have been there, it would be worth you looking it up on Google or Bing maps to see where the parking is and how far from the venue.

The panel will consist of three members a Solicitor or Judge who will be in charge of the hearing, a doctor who will ask most of the questions and a person with experience of disability issues.

The questioning will be robust and they ask you about your problems multiple times, just be honest, take a moment to make sure you understand the question and then answer it.

It would be worth you jotting some bullet points about the issues that you think are important, you will have an opportunity at the end of the hearing to explain why you think you should have an award.

Apart from that I would try and distract myself as much as possible (easier said than done), I've had several Tribunals and always went in with a plan only to forget it after a couple of minutes, which is a perfectly normal reaction to the situation, so trying to second guess what will happen won't achieve anything and will just make you more anxious.

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.