× Members

Problems with being granted a PIP extension

More
7 years 7 months ago #167810 by annie
Hi! I'm new to the forum. I've searched through the topics and can't find an answer to my concern hence raising it here. My PIP form didn't arrive so I contacted DWP who sent another. The deadline date for the form is 12 Sept. Due to increased severity of symptoms (relating to disability) and needing assistance from family to help with the completion of the form ... I finally got through to someone at DWP today. I explained the situation and asked if I could have more time (extension) to complete the form. I was told that I'd already had one (which isn't the case) and explained that I hadn't received the first form but did receive the second one that had been sent which has a deadline date of 12 Sept. I was told that the case manager (?) would call me back this morning but I didn't hear anything. I will try again tomorrow. I'm not sure if there was a problem with how the current form was logged on to their system (as an extension rather than replacement form) or whether it's something else. Has anyone else had this problem? It's extremely tense because the deadline is looming. Is there any key advice when I call back? Many thanks for any advice and support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #167811 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Problems with being granted a PIP extension
Wendy

We haven't seen this before but you must bear in mind that the staff in the call centre only know what is displayed on the computer system, so if your request for another form was not documented properly then this could be at the root of the problem, they also have very limited decision making authority and have to refer, what they are seeing as a second extension, to a manager for authorisation.

At the moment all you can do is chase the call back and continue working on the PIP2 form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: annie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.