I WON my tribunal but.... ???

• Danielle Jessica Rush
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #167830 by Danielle Jessica Rush
I WON my tribunal but.... ??? was created by Danielle Jessica Rush
:woohoo:
So I won my tribunal.

I recieved a letter on thursady telling me that my PIP benefits, bith care and mobility, were reinstated to the enhanced rate and that the previous decision made by ATOS/PIP of downgrading my benefits to liwest rate and no motability had been set aside.
This is fabulous news but......

What happens now? Can DWP ignore the new decision? Are there any figures on how many who win at tribunal have that decision made official by DWP or rejected?

Any help would be wonderful please.

Many thanks
Danielle
Xxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167854 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic I WON my tribunal but.... ???
D

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Congratulations on winning your appeal.

It normally takes the DWP 5-8 weeks to process a Tribunal result. I would give them a call to confirm that they have received the Decision Notice!

The DWP have the same right of appeal as you, they cannot appeal because they disagree with the Decision only because there has been an Error of Law

What is an Error of Law?

Whilst this does happen, it's not frequent! If it does then you will be notified by the Tribunal Service.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Danielle Jessica Rush

• Danielle Jessica Rush
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #167909 by Danielle Jessica Rush
Replied by Danielle Jessica Rush on topic I WON my tribunal but.... ???
Thank you so so so so much Gordon?

I will certainly be giving them a call then.

I did look into requesting the SOR but apparently this can trigger them to do the same and hunt for things they might not otherwise have seen? Dont want to tempt fate!

Im feeling a little more confident now.
Just the vindication against the lies that the medical assessor wrote down in his report, omission to state that I have Severe Chronic Fatigue, that there was a leg examination when there was none (my witness wrote and signed a letter about that), that I even had grab rails in my bathroom when actually our walls cant support them....

To have someone higher up and impartial come back to you and say "They were wrong. You are entitled to enhanced rates" is just wonderfull!!! Months of stress are melting away bit by bit. I still feel on guard but the Tribunal win and vindication by the Judge go a long way to easing the stress.

Thank you so Much
This site is a true life saver!!!
Danielle
Xxx

"According to Benjamin Disraeli (British Prime Minister, 1804-1881) there are three degrees of lies: Lies – Damned Lies – Statistics"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris