× Members

pip

More
7 years 8 months ago #167842 by Ian
pip was created by Ian
can someone help? i'm writing up my partners mr today and would like some advice. it was writen on the pip2 form that she had a heart attack and since gets palpertations and breathless when walking, The assesor has given 0 points for walking around he stated at the assesment that she was sat down the whole time he was there and states today she told me she gets out of breath and tired easy when walking, in his justifycation for decision choice he has put based on her medical conditions, todays assesment, MSE, and informal obs, it would be reasonable to believe she can walk over 200m in a safe and timely mannor. surely the MSE and informal obs would have nothing to do with the moving around as she was sat down the whole time he was here. also to do a activity reliably you must be able to do that activity safely, in a timely mannor, repeatedly and to a reasonable standard yet the assesor as only said he believe's that she can walk over 200m in a safe and timely mannor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167860 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip
Ian

The informal observations will have been made before and after the assessment, for example they will know how far it is from the nearest station or parking space to the front door of the assessment office, how far to reception and how far from there to each interview room. They will have watched as your partner walked to the interview room to see what difficulties they had walking and how they were when they got to the room.

You can certainly argue reliability but be aware that there is no requirement for the walk to have been pain free and even for your partner to not have experienced breathlessness, it is only when the walk is limited by these that it should be taken into account.

It's not unusual for the assessor and DM to ignore issues of reliability but be aware, some of the associated metrics, for example the time between repeats, are not defined and you will need to argue a reasonable case.

There's a guide to the DLA walking test in the DLA section, although not entirely applicable to PIP it does have some useful information about the issues.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #167862 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic pip
Hi, it was a home assesment and my partner didn't move off the sofa

More
7 years 8 months ago #167874 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip

Ian wrote: Hi, it was a home assesment and my partner didn't move off the sofa

Then you can add this to your arguments, it certainly should negate any opinions from the "informal observations" but you still need to show that your partner cannot reliably on the majority of days walk more than 20m.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.