× Members

Claiming PIP while working

More
7 years 8 months ago #167882 by Flavia
Claiming PIP while working was created by Flavia
Does anyone have any experience of claiming PIP while working? My friend works part time, she has been on DLA for years, low rate care, high mobility. She has a motability car which is the only way she can get to work. She's worried that when she has to switch to PIP, she might lose this. Has anyone any advice on claiming PIP while working?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167889 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Claiming PIP while working
K

Welcome to the forum

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Neither DLA nor PIP are classed as income replacement benefits so a claimant working or not in the general sense is not an issue.

However, there are potential issues if the work and this includes the logistics of going to and from work, contradicts the claimants stated limitations or prevents them from receiving the care they stated that they need, this applies whether it is DLA or PIP.

The situation is not entirely black and white if there are contradictions, their employer may have made allowances in their work environment or changed their job description to take account of their problems. The claimant may have taken additional actions to ensure that their needs can be met at work or perhaps a carer provides assistance.

They will need to explain on their PIP2 claim form why there limitations are not compromised by their working.

Unfortunately there is no template solution to this, each claimants situation will be unique.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #167890 by Flavia
Replied by Flavia on topic Claiming PIP while working
Thankyou for replying so promptly. I've changed my name and will pass on your advice.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.