× Members

PiP AND EXTRA INCOME

More
7 years 8 months ago #167910 by thomas51
PiP AND EXTRA INCOME was created by thomas51
Hello,
i am currently on standard daily pip,
i have been earning a small income from handcrafted goods, working from home ,the demand has taken off better than i could have imagine...
Am i allowed too do this ?
regards
Brenda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167922 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PiP AND EXTRA INCOME

thomas51 wrote: Hello,
i am currently on standard daily pip,
i have been earning a small income from handcrafted goods, working from home ,the demand has taken off better than i could have imagine...
Am i allowed too do this ?
regards
Brenda

In regard PIP you are as it is not means tested, but in a previous post you said you were also receiving Income Support, if this is the case then you must declare these earnings to the DWP as they will likely be classed as income. There is also an earnings limit for Carers Allowance.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #167941 by thomas51
Replied by thomas51 on topic PiP AND EXTRA INCOME
Thankyou Gordon,
yes ,i am in receipt of carers and i have been too the job center today and as you advised it was too fill in the forms for income support , i need too decide the best way forward for me too go now.
I dont want too lose my sons incomes after we have fought so hard too get them reinstated,yet i feel the need too have a escapism myself from the stress of caring,so i need too decide the pros and cons !
Gordon thank you for the prompt and sound advice you always give
regards
brenda

More
7 years 8 months ago #167964 by AlexS
Replied by AlexS on topic PiP AND EXTRA INCOME
hi Brenda

If you get off IS and instead declare yourself as self-employed (just a phonecall to DWP) you would be entitled to working tax credits (which come in give or take a pound or two) the same as IS, PLUS you may be entitled to the Disability Element of WTC.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.