× Members

PIP f2f hope

More
7 years 7 months ago #168066 by ejayne72
PIP f2f hope was created by ejayne72
I wanted to share a bit of a positive story with you today. I had the dreaded dla transfer to pip assessment. Capita were quite supportive from the outset. I asked for a home visit, a female only and a monday appointment ( only day my support worker could be free). I got all i asked for. I have severe mental health problems made worse by having D.I.D. Now the whole interview took exactly 2 3/4 hours, but she was patient, and kept asking if i wanted a break. I had 3 nosebleeds whilst the assessor was here but managed to get through it. I am not saying it wasn't easy, the questions were non stop and repetitive, and i had to answer in great detail. My only confusion was that i was asked to take an eye test - the same ones you have at an opticians - reading letters from a board, then s book with different sized texts. I am curious to know if this is the norm?? I have no thoughts on the outcome. The assessor had researched my condition before coming out and said she appreciated how hard my life is to live. She said she would write a thorough report with a decision being made within 4-6 weeks, leaning towards the 4 weeks currently. I hope that if anyone has an assessment looming, especially on mental health grounds, there are some nice assessors out there. Good luck x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168074 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP f2f hope
Thanks for the update em, I'm glad your assessor treated you with humanity.

I didn't have an eye test at my assessment. Have you mentioned any visual problems on your claim form?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #168084 by ejayne72
Replied by ejayne72 on topic PIP f2f hope
Only thing not wrong with me, my eyesight??

More
7 years 7 months ago #168086 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP f2f hope

em wrote: Only thing not wrong with me, my eyesight??

No idea then, I'm afraid!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.