× Members

Confusing info

More
7 years 7 months ago #168068 by Sam
Confusing info was created by Sam
I got my copy of the EAS medical , but ther was no points listed beside activities and many inconsistencies including 1 downright lie !! Concerning counting money which I recall the assesor having to correct me ! My father in law read it and said it sounded like they were taking about 2 diffrent people ! Now just waiting on the mandatory reconsideration form , what a complicated process , How do I find out what points THEY awarded me , thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168076 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Confusing info
If you look mat the assessor's report alongside the descriptors you will be able to work out what points they advised.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sam

More
7 years 7 months ago #168083 by Sam
Replied by Sam on topic Confusing info
Ther is number listed on the side but some say " activity " then a number. , other sections just have a number , and it goes up to 38 !! Didn't think they awarded points that high , , sorry , I just wanted to know what they awarded , me , as ther is numbers beside a descriptor that I had no difficulty with !!

More
7 years 7 months ago #168088 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Confusing info
Sam

You might find it easier if you use the WCA Handbook, the descriptors are listed on page 82 onwards. There's a copy in the ESA section.

The codes consist of a letter for the activity, so Mobilising is "W" and then a letter for the Descriptor, for Mobilising these are "a" to "e" with "a" always being the highest scoring, so the Mobilising 15 point descriptor is Wa and the 6 point one for Standing and Sitting is Sc, etc.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sam

More
7 years 7 months ago #168099 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Confusing info
Hi Sam,

If it's any easier, the descriptor phrases will tell you what points you score.

For example, in Activity 13:-

"None of the above apply" = 0 points

"Frequently cannot, due to impaired mental function, reliably initiate or comlplete at least 2 personal actions" = 6 points (you can find this in the B&W guide for each descriptor)

I think for each descriptor, "None of the above apply" means zero points, but where you see a different phrase, as in the example above, you score points.

Hope this makes sense,

Derek

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.