× Members

Other help and benefits

• ianrstaves@gmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #168118 by ianrstaves@gmail.com
Other help and benefits was created by ianrstaves@gmail.com
Hello all,

I've been awarded the higher rate for PIP Living Component.

I haven't been awarded the mobility component. Currently going through the motions to go to a tribunal about this. I should certainly get standard. Hoping they will award enhanced. We will have to wait and see. Are tribunals understanding and sympathetic to one's case?

I was receiving working tax credits. This has since stopped for some reason (have contacted them to find out why.)

I will be moving out soon and will be placed into council accommodation. My rent will be paid for.

However, I would like to know what other benefits and help are available to me? Any help and advice on this matter would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168140 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Other help and benefits
Dope spine

The Tribunal Service is independent of the DWP and will look at your claim from scratch, I can't say that they are sympathetic, they are not allowed to show bias, but they will treat your evidence as being equal with that provided by the DWP.

AS to other benefits, if you are unable to work then you should be able to claim ESA, you will need your GP to issue a Fit Note to say that you are unfit for work. Have a look at our ESA Claim guides for information about ESA and an understanding of the criteria that you will need to meet for an award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ianrstaves@gmail.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.