× Members

Unhappy with help from charity

More
7 years 7 months ago #168361 by Basho
Unhappy with help from charity was created by Basho
I arranged for an appointment with a large well known charity for help and advice filling in a claim form for PIP. During my appointment with the advisor I began to feel that she was really not that familiar with a PIP claim form. However, she insisted she fill the claim form in for me and sent it off. In retrospect I am being to feel that what she wrote was inadequate and I am concerned that my chances of a successful claim have been diminished. It could just be me being over anxious but I don't feel that confident I have been well represented. Obviously I won't know for sure until I am contacted by the DWP/Capita but is there anything I can or could be doing? I can't retrieve the form as it h as now been sent and the charity do not keep paper copies of anything, it is stored electronically. Have you any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168363 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Unhappy with help from charity

Basho wrote: I arranged for an appointment with a large well known charity for help and advice filling in a claim form for PIP. During my appointment with the advisor I began to feel that she was really not that familiar with a PIP claim form. However, she insisted she fill the claim form in for me and sent it off. In retrospect I am being to feel that what she wrote was inadequate and I am concerned that my chances of a successful claim have been diminished. It could just be me being over anxious but I don't feel that confident I have been well represented. Obviously I won't know for sure until I am contacted by the DWP/Capita but is there anything I can or could be doing? I can't retrieve the form as it h as now been sent and the charity do not keep paper copies of anything, it is stored electronically. Have you any suggestions?

Just because they do not keep a paper copy does not mean that they cannot produce on for you if they have made an electronic copy of the form (scanned it on to a computer).

Until you have sight of the completed form, there is little else that you can do.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #168388 by helen
Replied by helen on topic Unhappy with help from charity
Did the charity advise you to send in any supporting letters, copy of prescription, doctors letter, consultants letter, diary, carer's plan etc? If not I believe you can phone and tell them you have extra information you would like to present before assessment. Most organisations are now required to keep a copy of forms they fill in for clients.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168397 by Basho
Replied by Basho on topic Unhappy with help from charity
Hello Gordon,

I went back to the charity and got a photocopy of the form. Frankly, I don't think it's of a decent standard and I am very concerned it's going to reflect poorly on me. As an example, near the end of session, when she got to Q18 'Additional Information' she ignored it and went straight to the last page. I did say that I would like to add something extra and she wrote three lines repeating something that had been said earlier. I was not asked if I was intending to send a letter of support from a friend or neighbour and when I suggestged I could attach such a letter, she said it was not necessary. I arrived at my appoinment with detailed notes to each of the questions with information on variability, time it takes to do the task, ect ect but none of it was used. Should I contact the DWP and explain the situation and send them the information I was hoping to be included or wait till a decision is made?

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168404 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Unhappy with help from charity
Basho

We are always reluctant to offer advice where the claimant has an advisor after all they have direct access to you and all we have is what you post on the forum, however, this is your claim and only you profit or lose by the result.

If you are not happy then I would start by speaking to you advisor about the things you would expect to be included in the form and why they have not done so, there may be good reasons why things you might expect to be documented have not.

If you are still unhappy, then you should definitely provide any missing information with an accompanying letter as to what has happened. Depending on the timescale you may also need to write to the Assessment Provider with the information.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168408 by Basho
Replied by Basho on topic Unhappy with help from charity
Hi Helen,

The charity took details of my prescriptions and advised me to contact my doctor to inform them of my application for PIP. It was not suggested I send other information along with the form. Basically I think I have been given poor advice by someone who is not familiar with a PIP form. She mentioned she had not done a PIP form for a long time and usually did Attendance Allowance claims. Not my lucky day I am afraid! Thanks for your interest.

Basho

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.