× Members

Unhappy with help from charity

More
7 years 7 months ago #169015 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Unhappy with help from charity
Basho

The speed of the appointment has nothing to do with your claim form, bookings are made using a computer system that simply finds the first available slot!

Yes you can take additional evidence with you on the day, just ask the assessor to read it before the start the interview.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169019 by Basho
Replied by Basho on topic Unhappy with help from charity
Thank you - I'll take some bits and pieces with me and hope for the bes.t

More
7 years 7 months ago #169024 by benion
Replied by benion on topic Unhappy with help from charity
Although I realise you have not named this charity I strongly suspect it is the same one I approached for help with my form (just about the only big charity out there nationwide for forms, but themselves struggling to help people due to funding cutbacks).
The volunteer I got basically knew jack. He told me I would get 12 for planning a journey, as I should get 4 points for one bit and 8 for the other, and DWP simply add them together. I told him he was wrong and you can only score once on each section, and they choose the one with the biggest number of points.
He also told me the assessors get £80 bonuses if they score someone nil. Gordon and an advisor on another forum said this was complete rubbish. However it still caused me concern.
DWP are very understanding if you explain stuff for them, so I would just call them, explain you feel the advisor misrepresented you, and then get another copy of the PIP2 online and send that in with a covering note to say you want the other one ignored as it was not your own words and so unreliable.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #169026 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Unhappy with help from charity
With reference to Benion's post, above, I'm afraid that PIP forms are not available online. Each one that DWP send out is marked with a unique barcode that identifies the claimant so it is important that only that form is submitted.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169030 by benion
Replied by benion on topic Unhappy with help from charity
I am really annoyed on behalf of the OP. My charity advisor actually told me to LIE on the forms and I got home and thought sod that, I am not lying, what if they catch me out. I am glad I ignored his advice.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169066 by Basho
Replied by Basho on topic Unhappy with help from charity
Hi there,

I am currently sorting some evidence to take with me to the interview on Monday but I am still unsure as to whether or not to take some additional information about how each of the daily living and mobility components are impacted by my health. As explained, the form as filled in by the charity only provides a few crude sentences about each component. If I do take extra written information on the each of the components are they likely to accept it or are they likely to ask for more information if they them selves perceive the form lacks substance? Any thoughts on this? I am really beginning to wish I had not asked the charity for help as I am pretty sure I cou.ld have done a better job myself.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.