× Members

Pip appeal won! But DWP asking for statement of re

More
7 years 7 months ago #168568 by Kayceee
Hi all,
I've finally had my tribunal and went from zero points to enhanced both. My appeal was 4th August and after patiently waiting I called DWP to ask what was happening. I was told by the contact centre it looked like there would be no appeal from their side as the time limit was up, and they don't usually appeal anyway unless it's a fault in law i.e. A mistake on form etc. They said they would get a caseworker to call me back. The caseworker called me & said that the DWP had written to the tribunal asking for a statement of reasons on the 14th August and it was now up to the the tribunal to make the next move. They suggested I called the tribunal myself to give them a little nudge. I called the tribunal who informed me they had received NOTHING from DWP. I haven't received ANY correspondence from the DWP since my tribunal either. Can anyone tell me what DWP are planning on doing? And can they still appeal even though the time limit has passed?
Please can anyone help I'm so stressed!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168618 by Gordon
Kayceee

You need to clarify with the DWP whether they have requested a Statement of Reasons or not, if they have or intend to then they will not implement the Tribunal Decision until they have received it and decided whether to appeal or not.

As it is more than one month since the hearing they are technically outside of the time that a SoR can be requested, but if they made a request on 14 August, even if not received then the TS may accept that a request was made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kayceee

More
7 years 7 months ago #168820 by Chris77
As well as Gordons advice, send a letter by registered post as a safeguard.
Write asking them specific questions separate to each item. Then they should reply. SEND REGISTERED POST and keep slip from post office.

Then they are putting things in writing and if it still gets held up you have some evidence against them. No point writing if you don't send by registered post as according the the DWP they rarely receive any mail. LOL

This then gets put on someones desk and should be dealt with. When you ring its just a person and you don't know they are ding anything when they put the phone down.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169148 by Kayceee
Cipolar
Thank you so much for your advice. Do you know what office this should be sent to? I'm loosing so much money because of this. I've been told that I cannot claim any of the premiums back, only my PIP? It seems so unfair

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.