× Members

PIP from DLA chances of not having to go to appeal

More
7 years 7 months ago #168584 by chall10002
I have to fill in the PIP form as I have to move from DLA. The last time I had a DLA medical I was unsuccessful and had to appeal. What do you think my chances are of actually not having to go to appeal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168631 by slugsta
Hi chall and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

On the whole, the better you explain your situation, the better your chances of getting the award you deserve. Of course, that doesn't allow for the vagaries of the system and the assessors, but you can only do your best.

Have a look at the PIP guide which explains the criteria against which you will be assessed and how to explain your limitations.

PIP help for claimants

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168818 by Chris77
The best chance of you getting PIPS without having to go to a appeal is to follow Mrs Hurtybacks suggestions in the pip guides below.
If your not a member I would join as you get more valuable information including the scores of each action, so you can work out your points.

HOWEVER, My own experience has been bad so I will tell you what i think is VITALLY IIMPORTANT
1/ Ensure you get Medical supporting evidence for specific things that you are saying you have to deal with on the form to back that up. BE SPECIFIC
if you say you can only walk so far, ask your doctor for a letter covering certain areas. Somethimes they charge I think £15. Well worth it, saves hassle later. Ask the survey for a print of your history, which will list certain items like mine says Chronic Heart Condition, so if the DWP try to make light of it you can use that as proof later.
2/ Mental conditions, get a psychiatrist or mental health team who you see to do a report how it affects you and whether the condition is long term.
3/ CRUCIALLY........DO NOT TRUST THE DWP......ITS A GAME TO THEM
Anything you SEND to the DWP SEND REGISTERED FIRST CLASS POST, don't send any letters about anything normal mail. Because I have sent stuff which they say they have not got, but i have proof they have and i can sue them as well. Though you won't get legal aid for that.
4/ Understand this is POLITICAL they are doing what the government tells them, they don't want to pay anyone and they hope to wear people down so they don't claim
5/ ASSESSMENT, have a witness there, no excuses get someone, the assessor may show you a more duty of care if someone is with you.
6/ VITALLY My biggest mistake was not to RECORD he assessment with 2 tape cassettes, now he said one thing i am saying another arguments come up. They will always win.
There is information on the site about recording procedures or ask a moderator to give you the link. This I regret not doing
DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO WAY THINGS IN YOUR FAVOUR on 1st GO.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169196 by chall10002
Thank you for your replies and advice. I will let you know how I get on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.