× Members

Moved to wrag from support with no decision letter

More
7 years 7 months ago #168588 by Darktomato
Hi, I have looked through your guides but cannot find an answer.

I went to an assessment following a ESA 50 form. My conditions are related to mental health, at the assessment they brought up an old back injury which was not relevant and said they would need a different assessor. I broke down and my Mum who was with me complained about being brought to the assessment when they had this information. With that the second assessor in the room stepped in and said she would do the assessment then as I was so distressed. This was on the 24th of August.
I have just received a letter telling me I have to attend a work coach interview next Friday 23rd September, but it makes no mention of my assessment and a decision and says nothing about reconsideration or appeal. I have been very depressed since the assessment and know I will not be able to get to this interview on Friday. One of my descriptors is suicide risk and I find myself contemplating this now more than ever.
Do you know what I can do? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168634 by slugsta
Hi Dt,

It is possible that you have been placed in the WRAG as a result of the recent reassessment. Earlier this year, the first I know about being moved from the Support Group to the WRAG was the arrival of one of these letters.

The other possibility is that you are still in the Support Group. We are hearing from members who have received these letters despite being in the SG. When they contact the JobCentre to see what is happening, it is confirmed that the interview is voluntary. It seems to be a move to 'rattle the cage' of claimants in the SG :angry: See this link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=102781

I'm afraid the only way you will know what is happening is to contact DWP and ask what is happening. If no decision has been made yet, you can then contact the JobCentre to find out what they are playing at.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darktomato

More
7 years 7 months ago #168997 by Darktomato
Hi MH,

Thanks, I received another letter 3 days later informing me of a reduction in my money as a decision had been made that I was know in the WRAG group. I have now written asking for a reconsideration and an explanation of the assessment. I still have to go to the work coach interview but have managed to put it off till next Tuesday as I am dreading it! Fingers crossed now. Thanks again :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.