× Members

cohabiting

More
7 years 7 months ago #168915 by Lesley Woods
cohabiting was created by Lesley Woods
I have a male friend who I see about once a fortnight or three weeks. Dwp are trying to say I am cohabiting ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168937 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic cohabiting
L

You haven't supplied much information although supplying more may not mean that we can help you!

Have a look at the following, it's the DWP's guidance on whether a claimant is living as a couple

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...e/474014/dmgch11.pdf

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #169001 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic cohabiting
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to comment on this, but I found myself in the same situation several years ago. I was interviewed under caution, and the only piece of evidence they produced was that on my car insurance policy, I was described as a housewife. As it been done online, there were only limited occupations to choose from, and as I didn't work, I ticked housewife. This apparently was enough for the hem to treat me like a criminal. Aside from that, they had nothing to say that a man was living with me. It's ludicrous. It's also very scary, but if you know you're 'innocent' just stick to your guns. Good luck.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.