× Members

Is this a standard letter from DWP?

More
7 years 7 months ago #168968 by gci01
:unsure: I started the process of hopefully changing from DLA to PIP on 15/7;followed by a home assessment on 2/9; on 5/9 I received a text saying they had all the info needed to decide my claim for PIP and would be sending me a decision letter once they had made their decision.
Today I received a brown envelope (too thin to be a 'yes') and it said:

"We've now got all the information and reports we need about your condition and how this affects you for your claim to Personal Independence Payment.

We're sorry it's taken longer than expected to give you a decision on your claim but we'll contact you as soon as we've made a decision.

Yours sincerely"

My husband thinks this is a forerunner to declining my claim but I wondered if it was just a standard letter and to carry on crossing my fingers each tine the postie calls!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168972 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Is this a standard letter from DWP?
Hi gci01,

I'm happy to tell you that you are right ;) This is a standard letter and does not bear any relation to the eventual decision.

I hope you do not have to wait long for a positive reply!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gci01

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.