× Members

HOW LONG BEFORE ESA IS REVIEWED BY BENEFITS OFFICE

More
7 years 7 months ago #168974 by newb
We received the WCA FORM in July 2016 was returned back in August 1 week before the deadline with all medical evidence and letters from consultant, for mental health and also a request for Sec 29 substantial risk to be invoked if enough points not awarded, due to the severity of the medical condition.

We have not heard a thing to date, as appointee I called the DWP and they advised that they have a backlog and unable to give indication of length of time, they also indicated that they will write if as medical is needed, despite me informing them that he can not attend medicals!

Do I just wait for a response now? I have noticed that he has continued to receive his ESA fortnightly so presume they must now have all the information to make a informed decision, based on all the medical evidence, or is that asking too much?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168975 by slugsta
Hi newb,

This stage of the ESA claim can take a few months (although we occasionally hear from members who have waited for a year or more, this is very unusual).

ESA is an indefinite award, it will continue until a decision is made otherwise. So the ESA will continue to be paid, no matter how long it takes to deal with this reassessment.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168983 by newb
Thank you so much for your response, I am not going to contact them now, until they make a decision sod them!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.