× Members

psychiatrist support letter

More
7 years 7 months ago #169025 by az
psychiatrist support letter was created by az
hi i would like to know if a consultant psychiatrist won't support your application for pip would it
be impossible for you to have a case and be awarded the benefit even if you have a serious mental health illness........i think I am already getting paranoid :S
i am better now i should be happy but in reality, i am scared

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169028 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic psychiatrist support letter

az wrote: hi i would like to know if a consultant psychiatrist won't support your application for pip would it
be impossible for you to have a case and be awarded the benefit even if you have a serious mental health illness........i think I am already getting paranoid :S
i am better now i should be happy but in reality, i am scared

It depends on why they are refusing, a lot of GPs and Consultants simply do not want to get involved in benefit claims, so if this is the reason that they have refused then it really gives no indication of whether you would receive an award or not.

If they are saying that they do not think you would qualify then this is more an issue, but it does assume that they have a good knowledge of the criteria against which you will be assessed and of the limitations you face with your day to day activities. In my experience this is rarely the case!

Whatever their reasons, providing you can physically and mentally handle the strain of claiming then you really have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: az

More
7 years 7 months ago #169029 by benion
Replied by benion on topic psychiatrist support letter
no it is not impossible at all. All my GP would do is write a short note confirming my diagnoses. My private psychologist wrote a F2F would be inappropriate but that was about it.
Seems to me that a lot of doctors just do not want to get involved.
I do not have my decision yet, but assessor has recommended enhanced care.
Just do not let the paranoia start as it can get out of hand. I am better now but at one point I was really bad with it. I was happy and stable before the dreaded brown envelope. I am now on the mend but it sickens me that vulnerable people are getting dragged through this process with no concern for the affect on their MH.
The following user(s) said Thank You: az, alison

More
7 years 7 months ago #169033 by az
Replied by az on topic psychiatrist support letter
Gordon i can not thank you and your colleagues enough for the support you give us.
you give us hope and support in those dark days.
the disabled live in constant fear it shouldn't be like this.
thank you Gordon
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.