× Members

PIP Appeal SSCS1

More
7 years 7 months ago #169075 by MandiJane
PIP Appeal SSCS1 was created by MandiJane
:dry:

I am in the process of appealing a Mandatory Reconsideration via an SSCS1 Form and I note that you can either appear in person or rely purely on paperwork you are sending in. Has anyone appealed by relying on the paperwork and not appearing in person? When I attended the assessment for PIP it was one of my worse days for ME/CFS and almost collapsed in the assessment and it took me some 5 weeks before I could feel a little more in control. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #169078 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Appeal SSCS1
Hi Mandi,

Statistically, you are far more likely to be successful with an appeal in person rather than on paper. However, people can be successful with paper appeals and it might be particularly appropriate to ask for one if you have problems with social contact (for instance).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169082 by MandiJane
Replied by MandiJane on topic PIP Appeal SSCS1
That is very kind of you. Yes I think it is something I am going to have to think about then. I think after my experience at the PIP assessment my energy levels just went from 4 to 0 in next to no time and luckly I had a lady with me from the M.E. Support Group. She nearly had to carry me out and another 10 minutes and they would have had to call an ambulance because I was so ill. Thank you so much for your response it has certainly given me something to think about. :kiss:
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.