× Members

DS1500 and PIP

More
7 years 7 months ago #169095 by ladypowys
DS1500 and PIP was created by ladypowys
I had a letter to say that if if I wanted to continue to claim PIP I would need to re-apply as it is going to cease in December 2016.

I rang the appropriate number and was put through to the special circumstances as I have a terminal liver disease and have a DS1500 form from my GP.

The man I spoke to was very nice and he asked me to post my DS1500 to a freepost address asap. This I did, with a covering note and NI number.

Today I have received a 40 page form to fill in and no mention of the DS1500 form. Is this right? Do I contact them.

What is your advice please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #169110 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DS1500 and PIP
Hi Glen,

I'm sorry that you are in need of the DS15000.

Once you have filled in your personal details on the PIP2, you will quite quickly come to a section where you can tick a box to say that you have the DS15000 and will not have to fill in the form further. This is covered in the PIP guide.

PIP help for claimants

If you have further questions or comments, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169149 by ladypowys
Replied by ladypowys on topic DS1500 and PIP
Thank you Mrs Hurtyback. I have a PIP.1003, the reference is my NI number followed by PIP.1003.

There isn't anywhere that mentions a DS1500. It asks for my GP and consultants names and addresses.

Q2 About health conditions and disabilities, when condition started and what medication is taken

Q3 Preparing food, Q4,Eating and drinking and so on. Includes questions about reading.

It appears to be a different form from the one you mentioned.

I dont know what to do now, do I complete the whole form and send a copy again of DS1500, as I said before, when I called DWP they asked for me to post the form to them, but told me to make sure my NI number was on it. This I did and then I get this form.

Is this new? Any advice would be most welcome.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169151 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DS1500 and PIP

Glen wrote: Thank you Mrs Hurtyback. I have a PIP.1003, the reference is my NI number followed by PIP.1003.

There isn't anywhere that mentions a DS1500. It asks for my GP and consultants names and addresses.

Q2 About health conditions and disabilities, when condition started and what medication is taken

Q3 Preparing food, Q4,Eating and drinking and so on. Includes questions about reading.

It appears to be a different form from the one you mentioned.

I dont know what to do now, do I complete the whole form and send a copy again of DS1500, as I said before, when I called DWP they asked for me to post the form to them, but told me to make sure my NI number was on it. This I did and then I get this form.

Is this new? Any advice would be most welcome.

Having a DS1500 should excuse you from having to complete the PIP2 but they may be asking for additional information in regard the Mobility component, you should receive Enhanced Daily Living automatically.

I would give the DWP a call on Monday and ask them if this is why it has been issued or have they just mucked up.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, ladypowys

More
7 years 7 months ago #169333 by ladypowys
I rang DWP on Monday, and I spoke to a lady who said they had recieved the DS1500 form and everything had gone through ok. She was going to get someone to call me to let me know. As yet I havent heard anyhting. Not sure now what to do as she said my form was just a reminder. More confused than ever

More
7 years 7 months ago #169344 by ladypowys
Today I had a phone call to say they have had DS1500, but I must also fill in the questionnaire too. This seems odd, but I guess they want to make sure I have a terminal illness. Surely the form from my Dr would be enough, Its bad enough knowing that my illness will bring my death sooner rather than later, and I hope I last a bit longer, but financial worry and stress doesnt contribute to a healthy mental outlook. Sorry, this is a bit OTT, but can anyone advise or suggest any thing please

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.