× Members

DS1500 and PIP

More
7 years 7 months ago #169350 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DS1500 and PIP

Glen wrote: Today I had a phone call to say they have had DS1500, but I must also fill in the questionnaire too. This seems odd, but I guess they want to make sure I have a terminal illness. Surely the form from my Dr would be enough, Its bad enough knowing that my illness will bring my death sooner rather than later, and I hope I last a bit longer, but financial worry and stress doesnt contribute to a healthy mental outlook. Sorry, this is a bit OTT, but can anyone advise or suggest any thing please

Providing the DS1500 is accepted and there is no reason why it should not, then you should be automatically awarded PIP Enhanced Daily Living. An award of Mobility will only be made if you show that you meet the criteria for one and this may be the reason why the form has been issued.

Call backs for PIP are usually quoted as taking 5 working days, so it may be a while until you receive a call but it is definitely worth you chasing the DWP, maybe Thursday, if it has not happened.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ladypowys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.